I had the essure done about two years ago, since I have experienced weight gain, headaches, horrible periods and excessive bleeding to the point of anaemia… about a month ago I started bleeding and haven’t stopped yet. I’ve had multiple tests and an ultrasound, they can’t find anything wrong besides my uterus being enlarged. (After my last pregnancy I was told by more than one doctor that my uterus was unusually small) I feel like I’m being blown off. I have now been put on birth control for three months to see if it will push my system back into a normal routine. Now however I am finding out all the stuff these things cause by reading and researching and have realized that these are the reason my health has gone bad this last two years. I have also found out that they are made from nickel!!!! OMG I am allergic to nickel!!!!!! No one told me what they were made of or even asked me if I was allergic to any metals! I am just starting my journey of proving the problem to my doctor and hopefully getting it fixed… please don’t do this if you are looking into it… have your tubes tied, stay on birth control, do anything but essure. You might do great, but the risk is much higher than they let on.
- Jessica’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted in 2009.It's been 4 years of pain and complications. At first, it wasn't so bad… just irregular menstrual cycles and ovarian cysts. As the years […]
- Jackie’s Story I had the Essure procedure in November 2011 then the ablation in December 2011. My OBGYN said that I had to have permanent birth control before the ablation was performed. In Februray […]
- Jessica’s Story I wanted a regular old tubliagtion in 2008 after having my daughter. While discussing my options with my doctor, she brought up Essure and assured me it was perfect for me. Less downtime […]
- Suzanne’s Story I was 46 and looking for a simple form of birth control. I assumed my doctor would prescribe the pill in one form or another. After a lengthy discussion he brought up the Essure […]
- Suzanne’s Story I had the Essure Procedure done in September of 2007 at the age of 39. In March of 2008 I started to develop joint pain which led to muscle aches and severe exhaustion. I was diagnosed […]
- Danna’s Story I had the Essure procedure in May 2010. Almost immediately, I began to gain weight and have a bloated feeling, but because I was in my late 40s, my doctor said, 'that's just one of the […]