Hi I had my Essure put in, in October of 2010 after I had my son in August. They told me it was the answer to my prayers that no one had ever gotten pregnant after getting them in place. I was nervous about it and scared of the ob/gyn. I am a very shy person. After having it I had the worst cramps of my life and I had never really cramped before with my periods. Since then every couple of months or so for a day or two I have pain were they are at mostly in my right side. I can’t stand up straight until it goes away and my periods are terrible now.
I have cramping, heavy flow and I’m a healthy person weighing 130. I don’t get sick a lot, maybe only once a year. Now I’m always tired I can’t even run after my kids like I would like to. Simple household chores like doing the dishes can cause me pain. I’m only 23 yrs old and I’ve never had surgery. I shouldn’t have to go under the knife and have my body disturbed because the doctor didn’t tell me everything. He made it sound like a miracle and now I wish I had never done this. I’m lucky though there are symptoms many women have that I don’t, but none of us should have to go through this!
- April’s Story I had my Essure done in April of 2014 after having my second child thinking it was going to be a great thing to do, no invasive surgery and so on. After having it done i bleed horribly for […]
- Kaitlyn’s Story Hi my name is kaitlyn and I had the essure procedure done in 2010 and after I had it done I had the normal cramping and stuff my doctor told me I would have but they didn't tell me how bad […]
- Cary’s Story I decided to get my tubes tied when i was pregnant with my third child, when i discussed this with my doctor, he suggested the 'new' way of getting my tubes done with less pain and a short […]
- Bárbara’s Story Hello, my name is Barbara Overduyn, as many people I also chose to have essuere planted on me. before the surgery I was healthy and very active, after I has the surgery I got a lot of […]
- Ruby’s Story I had the essure procedure done in january 2005, I had signed documents to have a regular tubal ligation done, but after I gave birth to my 4th child my doctor told me that I had a lot of […]
- Michelle’s Story I have been seeing the same OBGYN for my whole adult life. In my early twenties, she told me I had a less than 1 percent chance of ever conceiving a child. I have been overweight most of […]