I had essure implanted in May 2007 after my last baby. I was in a bad relationship and did not want to get pregnant anymore. My doctor told me about the essure procedure and no incision was required. She educated me about how essure was put in and short healing process that I can go back to work the next day. I was not told what the coil was made of. After the essure procedure about one month later I started to have symptoms. Skin rash, lower abdominal cramping (pain I couldn’t describe). Then few month after, I started to get severe headaches, my hair started to fall off, tired all the time, irregular bleeding (peroid lasted 10 days, heavy bleeding), morning sickness like symptoms and lack of libido. I mentioned it to my doctor and she didn’t think that the essure was the cause and that it can only be remove is to have a hestorectomy. I refused to have all my woman system removed. 7 years later, I did my research and found a doctor in Gainesville, GA to get the essure reversed . He did my reversal and all those symptoms I had were completely gone. Now, I bleed for 3 days. It’s like a miracle, all the pain were lifted. Insurance should pay for essure removal or essure reversal in my opinion.
- Anne’s Story I had the Essure coils implanted by my OB/GYN in 2005. The procedure was new at that time; I think I was the first woman my doctor implanted with Essure. Since 2005, my health has […]
- Crystal’s Story I got my Essure in 2011 after my surprise 2nd daughter. I was 30 years old when I talked to my OB /GYN about getting my tubes fixed to prevent any more surprise pregnancies. I suffered […]
- Niki’s Story Hi, my name is Niki and I'm 29 years old. I had Essure implanted in May of 2013 after my 3rd son was born. My implanting OBGYN said Essure sounds like a slice of heaven. No surgery, no […]
- Amanda’s Story I am a 34 year old mother of one. My husband and I decided years ago that we only wanted one child. Though my doctor was not on board, she decided that we needed to go with something […]
- Stacie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in March 2015. At first I thought things were going well. Then I developed a small sore on the back of my scalp. This was April 2016. The sore […]
- Sherita’s Story I had the Essure done in 2007. I have never experienced so much pain. I have very bad backaches, spotting throughout the month, sudden striking pains, pelvic pains that feel like something […]