I got the Essure in 2012. I found out I was pregnant in 2013. I was told I did not wait long enough to have unprotected sex with my husband. Since the birth of my daughter in 2014 I had a tubal ligation thinking it was my fault it did not work for me, and if I have my tubes removed I will have the coils removed. After my surgery my periods are painful, I can not wear pants that put pressure on my lower abdomen, and my weight gain is out of control no matter what I do. I am bed ridden two weeks out of the month while on my period. I just had another surgery where they cauderize my uterus with saline, and during that surgery they found the Essure coils embedded in my uterus. With those results I now have to have another surgery to remove the coils.
Essure has ruined my life, and I am not even 30 years old. The doctor told me I most likely will have a hysterectomy before I turn 35. The worst part about it, is their is no way to get any compensation for what this company’s product has done to my body because of the FDA.
- Carolyn’s Story There is nothing safe or 100% sure these days! Everyday we take risks. I took this risk 9yrs ago and yes it has affected my life. I lay here in a hospital bed in pain recovering from a […]
- Irma’s Story I got the Essure coil in about 2002 when it first came to the Atlanta area. My GYN physician was one of the first in the Atlanta area to start inserting them. Shortly after, one of the […]
- Jamie’s Story I had the Essure procedure in December 2012, a few months after having my third son. My doctor really recommended it, and at the time it sounded like the best option. The placement itself […]
- Brooke’s Story I just want these out of my body. My life is a lot different since I got the Essure coils implanted in August 2013. I have not stopped bleeding. That was over five months ago. I have […]
- Dawn’s Story I visited my gynecologist of 24 years and told him I didn't want to continue taking the birth control pill because I had been on them for 20 years. He told me about essure and I voiced to […]
- Stephanie’s Story I was implanted in 2009. This is the worst mistake I ever made. It took two totally different doctors to do the procedure. It was painful. When I went for a checkup, I was told that only […]