I wanted to get my tubes tied after the birth of my third child, because I have severe complications with pregnancies. My Doctor said that because I had extensive scar tissue from previous surgeries, so therefore the surgical procedure would not be recommended for me. Instead I was told that they had a new procedure that did not require surgery; Essure. All he said was that there were no side effects. Boy was he wrong, this has been the worse thing I have ever gone through. I had this procedure done early in 2007. After the Essure procedure I bled for two whole months, the cramping, nausea, heavy bleeding and depression I have gone through and still going through is not worth it. It has ruined my life literally. My GYN Doctor said the only thing that can be done is to have a hysterectomy. I seriously thought of paying to have this procedure reversed. Oh another thing, they never told me it wasn’t reversible. I do not recommend this for anyone.
- Elyse’s Story I am 27 years old, after 3 pregnancies and 3 babies via c-section I was told on the operating table that due to scar tissure I could never get pregnant again or I would most likely bleed […]
- Emily’s Story My name is Emily, I am 27 I had the essure procedure done in 2008 after giving birth to my son. The Dr. Never informed me of side effects or even what the procedure was. The first night […]
- Yolane’s Story In 2008 I went to the doctor saying I wanted a safe birth control that was 100% effective. The doctor told me about essure, saying it was permanent and safe with no side effects and no […]
- Tabatha’s Story In 2009 I had the essure procedure done. I just gave birth to my third child and didn't want to have anymore babies. But now I wish I never had done this to myself. None of the doctors […]
- Taishna’s Story About a year and a half ago, I had checked into getting the tubal ligation procedure done because I didn't want anymore children and I was looking for a permanant fix instead of staying on […]
- Dawn’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in April of 2007, about six months after the birth of my youngest. I had a difficult pregnancy and delivery so I was advised by my OB/GYN to consider […]