I had the coils put in about 2011, I had a regular period for a few months then it just stopped coming. I am 47 & thought it might be early menopause, I have had some hot flashes as well. I have had some abdominal pain and side aches but nothing that has been too terrible to deal with. I do know a lady who had another baby while she had the Essure coils implanted. I hope everything works out ok for me and others who have this type of Birth Control, I am too old too face an unplanned pregnancy nor do I want health problems resulting from this.
- Melissa’s Story I just finished reading a few women's stories. I am 36 years old and I am somewhat ashamed to say that I didn't pay attention to potential side effects. My Essure was placed in April of […]
- Rose’s Story After my second child was born at age 42, I had serious bleeding issues that continued for 9 months. My OBGYN did an Ablation, which I should never have had because I had RA, which had […]
- Crystal’s Story Hi my name is Crystal, I had this surgery done after my son was born in 2009. First I was never told of any side effects and was also told the coils were made of silicon. The side effects […]
- Ashley’s Story I had the Essure placed in my body in 2010 after my fourth child. I have had complications since then. Since having the Essure coils placed in my body, my periods are seriously heavy, that […]
- Vicki’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about five years ago. One of the coils was inserted a little too far so the doctor couldn't guarantee that it would work. I went back 3 months later and […]
- Tessa’s Story My name is Tessa Moore I am a mother of 3 ,after my 3rd child I decided to get some birth control. I chose essure because the doctor told me it was a simple procedure.He never discussed […]