My story is somewhat different. However, it still involves the Essure and the inappropriate use of it. I was 25 then and pregnant with my second child when it was offered to me at the hospital. Not having all the info, on top of a terrible pregnancy, I agreed to have it. My appointment was scheduled one month after my baby was born.
I now regret the Essure immensely. It was not a misunderstanding of procedure, but I now regret it. Looking back there are so many ethical and possible legal issues I hadn’t considered. My partner and I are trying everything to have another baby, but several specialists have told me that it is irreversible. I want it off the market so no one else has to go through this.
- Theresa’s Story I decided to have the essure procedure done about 9 months after I had my 3rd child. I had the procedure done in August of 2007 at a hospital in Gross Pointe, MI and got my HSG test done […]
- Laura E.’s Story My name is Laura and this is my story: After my third child was born in 2006, I decided to have the Essure procedure. I was assured this procedure was the better alternative to other known […]
- Norma’s Story Just found out I am 17 weeks pregnant. Had Essure procedure done 2.5 years ago. During ultrasound doctors were able to see one coil, not sure where the second coil is at this point. Will […]
- Jennifer’s Story My name is Jennifer. My story of my essure nightmare is much like others. After having my third high risk pregnancy and premature baby in 2009 I waited a year and finally decided to get my […]
- Lacresia’s Story I was 24 years old when I had Essure 3 years ago. I had a 3 year old son, a 3 month old son and found out I was pregnant again with a 3rd unexpected son. I had just started Nursing […]
- Laura’s Story I'm desperate and running out of time. I had the Essure procedure done in November of 2006. In May 2009, I found out I was pregnant. During the pregnancy I was told I had a uterine […]