I had essure preformed in September of 2011, I immediatley had problems. I experienced unbearable pain and menstrual cycle changes that included heavy bleeding that would last for 2 weeks at times and extreme cramping. When I went back for the confirmation testing sure enought the the right essure had migrated and perforated my tube and was somewhere in my uterus, the left side appeared to be blocked. I was scheduled for surgery for the following week to remove my right tube and possible hysterectomy. The Dr. was able to remove the essure from my uterus and avoid a hysterectomy, but did remove my right fallopian tube and perfromed and endometrial ablation to help control my menstrual cyle. I continued to have lower abdomen pain, pain during intercourse an abnormal menstrual cycle with heavy bleeding and cramping. I’ve recently undergone a hysterectomy, I’m post op 2.5 weeks and I feel so much better, I regret having the essure.
- Rachel’s Story I had the essure birth control put in july of 2013. instantly i had severe pain it took my dr over 2 weeks to finally do an emergency surgery to see whats going on. well while in surgery […]
- Sara’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2005, since then my menstrual cycle has become irregular. Sometimes it's extremely heavy, other times I will go 2 months without one. Also, since my […]
- Adriane’s Story Dear Erin, My name is Adriane, im 26 with 2 children. I had the essure coils placed back in Aug 2012. Since then I have had bad cramps, headaches, stomach issues, pain, my menstrual cycle […]
- Caroline’s Story In 2008, after years of pregnancy losses and menstruation issues I decided to have the ESSURE procedure done. Years later I began to experience abdominal pain, heavy, irregular bleeding […]
- Aurelia’s Story I had my essure procedure done in 2010. I did not have any side effects right away, all had been well. Until recently,this past year I have noticed and researched some problems that I have […]
- Joelie’s Story Three years ago my doctor told me I was at risk for blood clots taking birth control pills (which I have taken for over 20 years). Also my periods were heavy,painful,awful, and getting […]