I had the essure done on September 15th 2014. On October 15th I had a TIA which is a mini stroke. Age 33 and with a healthy lifestyle no one new what was going on. It turns out my right carotid artery was totally blocked. Blood clot caused by Essure? I have no idea.
Since then I have tingling, numbness, skin flush and bloating. All of the specialists that I have seen said this is not related to a TIA. Had never had these symptoms prior to Essure so could that be the cause? I have no idea.
My last period was 15 days late. Heavy bleeding with lots of blood clots.
Had my HSG done on January 22nd and guess what- one of the coils had migrated. I’m still waiting to hear back about where it is and what to do from here.
The doctor that implanted them told me the Essure could not cause these problems. When I called back to tell him about the migration his idea was to inject another coil. No mention of removing misplaced coil. I told him I wanted it removed and he was going to get back to me. Haven’t heard from him in over a week.
Currently in touch with A Personal Touch in Chapel HIll NC. Will have to pay $5900 out of pocket.
Please contact me if there is a lawsuit.
- Shannon’s Story I had the Essure placed may 2006. I started to have a discharge, pain but they couldn't figure out why. Finally , on a ultrasound my GYN saw something. It was the coils sticking out into […]
- Cambria’s Story I decided that the Essure procedure would be the best for me out of the options my doctor recommended. I went through with the procedure in November of 2011. In January of 2012, after my […]
- Heather’s Story In September 2010, I chose Essure as a permanent form of birth control. My doctor suggested this over the traditional tubal ligation as it would be performed in the office and no down time […]
- Shannon’s Story I had the Essure coils procedure done October of 2010. In March of 2012 I had already started the many doctors visits that would lead to me needing a hysterectomy! My periods had became […]
- Shannon’s Story I had the Essure procedure in 2006. Since I got the implants I have had constant lower abdomen pain ranging from dull pressure pain to severe stabbing pain. It is something I have […]
- Rachel’s Story I was implanted with a medical device implant called Essure on 10/30/2009. The onset of my complaint started on 12/2009. At the time of my procedure, I went in and was only given a small […]