I had the Essure procedure done after the birth of my youngest daughter in 2009. I was 31 and my family was complete. I opted for the Essure procedure because it was noninvasive and I wouldn’t need to take any time off work. Since the procedure my periods have been super heavy (they were regular before) and I have had severe brain fog. I thought I was just ‘scatter brained’ because I was getting older. The brain fog has really affected my job performance and I had to step down from a General Manager position to an Assistant Manager. After reading most of the stories on here I don’t think it’s all ‘scatter brained’. My periods are irregular but when I do get them they are horrendous. They are very heavy and I feel awful. I have to change my super tampon almost every hour. Like other women on here I wish I would’ve done my research on the procedure before getting it done. My symptoms are pretty mild compared to others but still they have affected my life. My prayers go out to all the women on here. Thank you!
- Lana’s Story My first essure placement was done on 8/11/09, which was unilateral due to fluffy uterus as my OBGYN explained. I was supposed to come back in a month for the second placement, but I was […]
- Sherri’s Story in June of 2014 I got my essure and had generally no problems till the last 3 months. In july of 2015 I started experiencing pain horrible pain in my lady parts my periods have been […]
- Heather’s Story I received Essure in 2012, after my Doctor suggested that it would be the best solution for me in the way of permanent birth control. I of course had hang-ups about leaving a foreign […]
- Bindy-Ann’s Story I was implanted with Essure on 21st August 2012 when I saw my gyno to have my tubes cut and tied but he talked how wonderful Essure is. I was never asked if I was allergic to nickle or was […]
- Jenny’s Story I got the essure placed in 2008 after having 3 children. I am a high risk OB nurse, and never looked back because I considered myself lucky to be free from the fear of having an unplanned […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2010 at the age of 32. I did not want any more children and i had talked to my doctor about options and she recommended Essure. She raved about how easy […]