I had the Essure Procedure in December of 2009. During my 6-week check-up I was discussing getting my tubes tied with my OB/Gyn, and he recommended Essure. I had never heard of the procedure before but, was assured that even though this was a fairly new product it was safe and effective.
Since having this procedure I truly regret my decision! I have experienced severe abdominal pain that that is pretty much constant. I have pain a week before my period, horrible pain (similar to labor pain) 1-2 days before my period and the first 2-3 days during my cycle, and then pain about a week after the last day of my cycle. Which equals pain all the time! The pain is usually predominantly on one side, very sharp, accompanied by headache and nausea. Prior to this procedure my periods were light and I didn’t even really have cramps. Now it’s horrible! I don’t want these ‘things’ in me anymore!
- Lisa’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in May 2012 and never had negative side effects until after I had them inserted. I am now having multiple issues, I have had feelings of passing out, some […]
- Markeeta’s Story First I will preface by saying I am a registered nurse and understand there may be complications with any procedure but I also understand that side effects should be provided up front to […]
- Tracy’s Story I had the Essure done in June 2009. I was told this procedure just came out and I was the first patient from my area. I had it done with no problems. After after having it done I started […]
- Khristi’s Story I am a 30 year old healthy female. I had the Essure done in 2010. I have been going to the same Doctor for 15 years and trusted his opinion on the procedure. I don't blame him, as I feel […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about 7 years ago. I was also having heavy periods and so the doctor performed a uterine ablation at the same time. My GYN told me that Essure was safer […]
- Kimberly’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in October of 2008. My gynecologist was there along with the representative from Essure. As soon as it was inserted I made a noise out of pain and have had […]