I had the essure procedure in 2010. It was explained to me to be a very easy (15 minute), in office procedure. After 2 failed attempts to place one in my left tube, the 3rd attempt was a success, but by then the pain was unreal. The right tube was a success first try. The entire procedure ended up being almost an hour and the ob/gyn felt terrible about it and gave me 2 of his personal Percocet before I even got off the table. I was shaking and sweating terribly. Now, 5 years later, every time I have my period, my left lower abdomen where the exact pain was during the procedure sometimes hurts to the point of not being able to stand up. I have gained a substantial amount of weight and suffer severe migraine-like headaches right around the time of my period. I wish I had researched it deeper before I agreed to do it, but it truly was presented as the easiest way to go. Maybe for others, but not me.
- Sharon’s Story I made a decision to not have children long ago, for personal reasons. I went to the local health dept. to see if I had any other options then to remain on birth control. I was 33 at the […]
- Nicole’s Story I thought I was choosing the right thing , the easy thing, when I chose Essure. It was only suppose to be 1 day from work recovery. Or so I was told. I began on October 20 by taking 2 […]
- Bárbara’s Story Hello, my name is Barbara Overduyn, as many people I also chose to have essuere planted on me. before the surgery I was healthy and very active, after I has the surgery I got a lot of […]
- Gretchen’s Story The Essure procedure was pretty painful, I went through a lot before the procedure it's self and had to go to a specialist at another location. My massive problem with it all is similar to […]
- Windy’s Story I am 33 years old and after having our 2 beautiful daughters, my husband and I began the talk about permanent birth control. We explored all the options (tubal, vasectomy, etc.) and […]
- Sharon’s Story Greetings, I too have experienced an Essure nightmare. After giving birth to our fourth child, my husband and I decided to both have permanent birth control procedures. Since I didn't […]