My name is Sheila Fitzjarrald and I’m 37 years old and this is my story. I had my Essure put in in August 2006, after have my daughter in June of 2006. Within a few weeks of having it put in I stared having severe pain in the lower left side of my abdomen. I went to several doctors. And ER visits no-one could find a problem. I had x-rays, ct scans still nothing. Living with this severe pain I went to see two different ob doctors. Finally I agreed to have exploratory surgery where they found that my left Essure had punctured my tube and was sticking in my intestines this was about Sept. of 2012. They could not find my right one it has just disappeared. So they tied both my tubes. About a year later the pain came back I now have to have another exploratory surgery and they found the right one inside my uterus making plans now to have it removed. if I had know any of this could happen I would not of had the SURGERY. Please if you are planning on having the Essure put in please research it first. This has caused me to have severe pain for almost 9 years. It has put me in bed a couple times a week for 8.5 years time away from my children.
- Merari’s Story I HAD THE ESSURE DONE ON 09/30/2008 EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL 9/5/2014.I STARTED GETTING SHARP PAIN ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY ABDOMEN SOMEDAYS THE PAIN IS REALLY BAD AND SOMEDAYS THE PAIN IS […]
- Jeanifer’s Story I'm 38 years old and had a hysterectomy 5 years ago this week. I had the Essure put in and was excited because I had a hard time with traditional hormone birth control. In less than a year […]
- Amber’s Story I have been having painful side pains and stomach pains and I have had CT scans and x-rays to see what is going on and they have no clue and my Dr says I am fine. Now I have a clue of what […]
- Sheila’s Story Hello, my name is shelly.i am a 29 year old mother of 3 all of which were unplanned and after a failed iud and vasectomy! After my last baby the dr said I had 2 choices, a tubal or this […]
- Moranda’s Story I had the Essure done in September of 2009, three months after my daughter was born. I had stabbing pains in my right side when I went to the doctor and told him about these pains. The […]
- Jenny’s Story My Essure story begins in 2008. At the time I was an OR technician and had regularly witnessed the Essure procedure. From seeing it done, I decided that this was the way to go for […]