I had the Essure procedure done a few years ago. My doctor KNEW I had a metal allergy, yet didn’t even explain that to me when I went in for the procedure. Needless to say, here it is 2013 and I had to have a hysterectomy before age 30. Unbelievable. I cannot explain to you how hard it is to feel as if I am mutalated when trying to be intimate. I have no cervix, no uterus and I now pee when I jump, which is a weird side effect. I hate that it came to a hysterectomy. After the procedure, my doctor handed me a pamphlet, in which it stated do not get if you have a nickel allergy. I wish I had seen that beforehand.
- Melissa’s Story In July of 2010 I had the Essure procedure after having our second child. At the time, I was 38. My husband, Will and I decided we were done having children. My OB assured me that Essure […]
- Belinda’s Story Hi, This is my story.I had my last child in January of 2007.I had the Essure procedure done March of 2007,and went back for my follow up appointments.Everything seemed to be going […]
- Bridgette’s Story I had the essure procedure done in the summer of 2009 after the birth of my fifth child. I was 30 at the time and was certain I did not want anymore . I talked to my doctor about […]
- Garth’s Story Hi, A few months ago, my wife had this procedure performed on her and it has been a garish nightmare ever since. My wife has been in a state of constant pain in her pelvic region and it's […]
- LeeAne’s Story I have known for my whole adult life that having children was not for me. After turning 30 in 2003 I got to looking into methods of permanent sterilization – and Essure came up as a […]
- Rene’s Story I had the essure done about two years ago, since I have experienced weight gain, headaches, horrible periods and excessive bleeding to the point of anaemia… about a month ago I […]