I had it done in 2010 it took them 45 min to get the right side in. Left side was no prob. After I left I was in so much pain like I was in labor. That was the start of a 5 month prob of constant bleeding and cramps. It was horrible. after three trips to the doctor and almost weekly phone calls to the doctor of complaining to her that something was wrong she did a ablsion to stop bleeding. I have never felt normal since having the essure, I am constantly tired. cramps,still bleeding not everyday but it’s still there. Come to find out the doctor put the right side in wrong and didn’t even tell me. I was told that the only way to feel better is to have a hysterectomy. I am 41 and know that I won’t have more children but I don’t want to take hormones for the rest of my life. Please don’t have this done its a bad way of birth control. It was told to me that it was a piece of cake it wasnt and I wish I would of never done It. The doctor didn’t even tell me all of the side effects that could possibly happen..
- Bobbi’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in July 2011. I went back to see my Doctor in November 2011 and told him that I was having sharp stabbing pains where he implanted the devices. I was really […]
- Brianne’s Story I had discussed having my tubes tied prior to having my second child with my doctor. I was scheduled to have another c-section so having my tubes tied immediately following the birth would […]
- Amy’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in May 2011 in my doctors office. I returned back to work on Monday. I did not have any complications the first few weeks after having it done and only had […]
- Tawana’s Story I, too, had the Essure procedure implanted in September 2009 as a form of permanent birth control. About 6 months after, I started to have pelvic pain like no other. I went to my gyn many […]
- Amy’s Story I had my essure procedure done in 2007. I was never able to take birth control pills due to side effects, so after I had my son and was sure i didn't want anymore children i decided to do […]
- Kelly’s Story I had the Essure procedure done after the birth of my 3rd child in June of 2008. I have had increasing issues since then. My periods are heavier and more painful. I have really bad […]