After having hormone issues my entire life and being on birth control for 23 years, my doctor advised me to have the essure procedure. My coils were implanted on October 25,21012. Immediately I began having back pain, some days so bad I can barely walk. some of my symptoms include pelvic pain, hair loss, bloating, gastrointestinal issues. When I had my HSG test done in March 2013 we discovered that the left coil did not work and is now just in my body somewhere, everyday I am in fear that it will perforate an organ.
- Tiffany’s Story Im 29 years old and am scheduled to have a partial hysterectomy on Oct.3. I had the essure procedure in Dec 2013 after having my daughter. My son whos now 8 was concieved on the pill. My […]
- Abby’s Story My name is Abby. I am a 29 year old single mother of 3. I, like many woman here, went to my doctor soon after my third child was born for permanent sterilization. And my doctor, like many […]
- Tawana’s Story I, too, had the Essure procedure implanted in September 2009 as a form of permanent birth control. About 6 months after, I started to have pelvic pain like no other. I went to my gyn many […]
- Chrisanne’s Story Thanks to everyone for helping to feel I am not alone. My GYN told me about the implants two years ago. He said it would be great to decrease menstrual symptoms, non hormonal, quick and […]
- Lori’s Story I wanted a birth control method that was SAFE and easy. I am 45 years old and have had Essure for about 4 years now. It has been a nightmare filled with PAIN. I had my Essure procedure […]
- Robin’s Story I have had the essure in since late August. I have not had one problem. I have not been back yet to have the coils checked to see if the scar tissue (which is supposed to grow) has healed […]