We were undergoing infertility treatment when my fertility specialists suggested the essure due to a blocked tube which could lead to a tubular pregnancy. I was not informed of the risks and the side effects prior to the surgery. Within a week of receiving the essure i was tired, crampy, and achy. We completed 2 rounds of IVF both negative. I later found out that this is a controversial use of essure. Why was this not discussed to me? This was June 2013, now i have the worst headaches, cramps, heavy menstruation, backaches, etc. I cannot stand up straight. This has not only affected me physically but also has devastated my marriage. I am currently seeking a DR to remove the implant yet my insurance will not cover it. I will be out of pocket $10k. I hate to think of the women who are in this same situation and cannot afford to have the device removed. This implant should not have passed FDA review and should be removed from the market.
- Andrea’s Story I had the essure procedure carried out in the UK a couple of years ago and i regret it every day.I had been undergoing IVF treatment and after 2 failed cycles my doctor suggested the […]
- D’s Story I had the Essure procedure in July of 2012 at the age of (nearly) 42. After several years of struggling with secondary infertility, lack of insurance covered treatments, and maxed out […]
- Chrissy’s Story I had Essure implants put in 5 years ago. A friend had them done and told me they were a good alternative to tubal ligation. I already had twin girls and was using a Mirena IUD-but […]
- Catherine’s Story I am sooooo glad I read this. My husband toldme he doesn't feel right about the procedure I have scheduled in 2 weeks. N I'm so glad I looked into it. First of all I get a rash on my neck […]
- Robin’s Story Erin is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. My essure coils (in spite of the little round things suspended from the ends to keep this from happening) perforated through two walls and the other was […]
- Heather’s Story My name is Heather Williams, I am a 40 year old mother of three. I had the Essure implanted after my 3rd child was born in 2008. I have experienced numerous health issues since. I have […]