I got this procedure done I believe about 3 years ago. I was told it was a new safe way for permanent birthcontrol. I work full time and a full time single mom. I couldn’t get my tubes tied because there is no way I could miss work or not be in shape to take care of my kid. My doctor recommended I get the Essure done. I was told I would be in and out and can go back to work. So I went and got it done.
I never really thought that the way I was feeling and the issues I was having could be related to this procedure.
When I saw this article I started reading all the stories and I could relate to all of them. The pain and discomfort. Heavier periods. I have some other issues that are kind of embarrassing to mention.
I’m kinda scared that I got this done now. I’m making an appointment with my Dr and see what options I have.
- Katrina’s Story I had my essure proceedure done in 2009 after my husband and I decided 3 kids was enough. As soon as I woke up from having it done, I immediatly had a very intence, sharp pain on my right […]
- Heather’s Story I am a 26 yr old mother of 3 and i have had narcolepsy since i was 9. i got the essure procedure done in october this yr. i was having extreme fatigue on top of my narcolepsy and cramping […]
- Teesha’s Story Hello, I'm a mom of 3 children and I spoke with my ob/gyn about getting my tubes tied after my 2nd child was born. She then insists that I get the essure procedure, this is what she's […]
- Eva’s Story Hi my name is Eva.. I am a 40yr old mom of 4 beautiful kids.. 3 boys ages 20,17,9 and a daughter 14.. 3 yr ago Nov 2010 We decided on no more children.. I had a procedure done called the […]
- Starlene’s Story I got the essure put in 2 years ago after I had my fourth child. Ever since then I get really bad back aches. I've been trying to lose weight but nothing is working. I get really bad […]
- Nicole’s Story In the beginning of 2013 I had the Mirena IUD surgically removed due to it migrating and actually embedding itself in scar tissue on my cervix as well as the strings breaking off and those […]