I had the essure procedure done in October 2012 a few months after the birth of my son . Once the procedure was done, my periods became very heavy and painful which was never an issue before. I had headaches, nausea and pain in both sides. By May I was pregnant again and had no idea what I was going to. I wound up having a miscarriage very early on then had to have a D&C performed. Once I recovered from that procedure, I had to go back again and have my tubes tied. So much for a 15 minute procedure.
For something that was supposed to be a simple procedure, I wound up having emotional and physical pain. It seemed as if my doctor was trying to ‘cover’ his bases and would give me little information on what had occurred. He acted as if it were no big deal that the procedure had failed, that I had gotten pregnant or had to go back for a second procedure.
I contacted an attorney shortly after I found out that I was pregnant but was told that my state had no ‘wrongful life’ laws. They didn’t seem to understand that I was concerned not only with the failure of the procedure but with the procedures that had to come after as well as the emotional toll that this took on me as well as others in my household.
- Crystal’s Story My name is Crystal, I had the Essure procedure done four years ago and I have had problems ever since. I have had cramps, UTI infections and have been in and out of the hospital a lot. I […]
- Leyla’s Story Hello, My name is Leyla Mahjoub and I am 37 soon to be 38. I got the Essure procedure done in summer of 2012 and totally regret it. I started having complications shortly after I had the […]
- Keri’s Story I had the Essure and Novasure (ablation) done at the same time five years ago this fall. Originally I had gone to the doctor to seek out a hysterectomy due to some serious bleeding issues. […]
- Michelle’s Story I had essure done 2 1/2 years ago, and ever since then I couldn't figure out why I was having cramps 2/3 of the month. The cramps are always coming and going, and sometimes the cramps go […]
- Kandice’s Story I had the Essure Implant put in place 6 years ago after my daughter was born. I made a decision then that I was done having children. I had a son and a daughter. I wanted to continue law […]
- CharRae’s Story I had the Essure done over 5 years ago after I had my son. My husband and I have a blended family and we have 5 children altogether. So we decided we did not need or want anymore […]