I got the Essure procedure done August 31, 2011 after the birth of my third child. I asked my gyn if there were any side effects to this procedure and he said that there weren’t any. He never told me that the coils were made with nickel and he flat out lied to me about this procedure.
The first 7 months after getting the coils put in, I did not have one single period, had horrific cramping and pains in my lower right abdomen and back, headaches, nausea, and dizzy spells. Every time I went to the doctor, he told me it was all in my head.
On March 28, 2012 I started bleeding very heavily with blood clots. ( All while I was in my bathtub). I went to the ER and they told me it was a cyst that had burst. I went to see my gyn and he told me it was a really messed up period.
I have asked to get the coils removed because I am sick of being in constant pain and the doctors around here just keep telling me that they are not certified to remove the Essure coils. Something serious needs to happen. I do not have any health insurance but I really need these coils out now!
Any woman that thinks she might want to get this procedure done, please think about your options. I HIGHLY do NOT recommend this for anyone!
- Serina’s Story Making sense of it all…I have wondered what has been happening to my body since I delivered my fourth child via C-section 12/3/10 and within a couple weeks because of insurance, […]
- LaRosa’s Story I had the Essure procedure done shortly after the birth of my 4th daughter. i was not told there was nickel in the stents (even with people from tge manufactures sitting in on my […]
- Elaina’s Story I had the Esure procedure done in 2010 and I wish I could go back to that day and tell my Obgyn to just put me on the IUD. At the time, I was 32 with one child. I was a single parent and […]
- Tyasha’s Story Every day I regret the day I got the Essure procedure. It's good to see I'm not the only one. I'm a single mother of 3 and I hate that I chose this procedure, but of course the Doctor […]
- Abby’s Story My name is Abby. I am a 29 year old single mother of 3. I, like many woman here, went to my doctor soon after my third child was born for permanent sterilization. And my doctor, like many […]
- Deanna’s Story I had essure placed in 2010 after the birth of my third child. It was suggested to me by my Dr. because I am overweight and it would be less invaisive and safer. I have over the past […]