Three years ago I decided Essure was right for me. I had the procedure done in the Doctors office and thought it was extremely painfull. A few weeks after the procedure I went to local hospital to make sure the springs were in place correctly and not leaking. That procedure was painful as well. The right side was fine but the left one was showing leakage. I waited six months to have the procedure done again. This time the left side was fine but the right side was leaking! They said it would never close and could not be used as birth control. Also the spring was too far down and hanging out of the Fallopian tube so an IUD would not be safe for me. I now have the most painful menstrual cramps and now experience severe pain during ovulation. Because of my age the birth control pill is not an option. I am furious that I paid out of pocket for this procedure that did not work and causes me severe pain.
- Mandy’s Story I'm 39 years old. My husband and I decided that we were done having children. I had a very bad reaction to the depo provera shot. I didn't like the side effects to bc pills so I was […]
- Benita’s Story Hello I'm on here to tell you all about my medical issues with the Essure that I have incountered over the years and still today. So this is how it began In. In 2008 I was looking for a […]
- Lynn’s Story Aftet 3 children, I decided in 2010, just before my 36th birthday, I would get the Essure birth control procedure. It sounded easy & my OB-GYN at the time said side effects were […]
- Priscilla’s Story I just saw a commercial about the problems with Essure and never knew that some of the problems I have been having could be because of it. Here is my story. I have been having heavy […]
- Sarah’s Story I got the Essure done in May 2012 and this procedure was a nightmare from the start. I was told that everything was an in-office procedure – it cost over $1000 out of pocket for the […]
- Jodi’s Story My name is Jodi and I had this procedure done after the birth of my second child in late 2012. The actual procedure was done in spring of 2013 after recovering from the C-Section and […]