I had the essure procedure done shortly after my second child was born in 2006. It was fairly new and I was excited that it was an out-patient procedure and that my insurance would cover it. My periods were never normal after that. It was not a big deal because I figured there was no way I could be pregnant so I didn’t care.
Now, all these years later, my periods are out of control. They are so heavy, seem to last forever and I am constantly tired. I can’t go to the doctor because I no longer have insurance. I am concerned something is wrong or even worse maybe I’m pregnant. After reading so many stories about women becoming pregnant years, even months after the procedure, I’m terrified. Has anyone had similar affects like mine?
- Aiesha’s Story I am 32 years old I had the essure procedure performed after my 4th child was born back in 2009. My doctor informed me of this new and very effective form of permanent birth control after […]
- Tammie’s Story I had the coils put in and I had my period for 2 months. My doctor had to put me on birth control pills to stop it. Now my stomach is so swolen I look I am 9 months pregnant. How can I get […]
- Ruby’s Story I had the essure procedure done in january 2005, I had signed documents to have a regular tubal ligation done, but after I gave birth to my 4th child my doctor told me that I had a lot of […]
- Ashley’s Story My name is Ashley and I am a mother to 3 beautiful children. With my last child I had to have an emergency C-Section at 34 weeks. My doctor advised against me getting a tubal because of […]
- Amanda’s Story My name is Amanda I'm 32 years old after having my fifth child in 2008 my doctor told me about the assure and I thought why not its easier faster and cheaper than a tubal ligation but now […]
- Sascha’s Story I thought getting the essure was the best birth control for me. I had three children and knew I was not wanting any more it was a newer form out I thought I would give it a go. Sad thing […]