I am a mother of three beautiful children. I decided to have the Essure procedure in February 2009 at the age of 36. In March 2012, I began having painful periods. The cramps during these periods were as severe as labor pains. I could not get a doctor to take me serious until March 2013.
After an ultrasound and a CT scan, it was discovered that the Essure coil on the left side migrated out of the tube and is now stuck in the tip of my uterus, very close to perforating my bowel. I have been bleeding for 42 days now feeling like I am in labor.
I feel disgusted with myself having to take 20mg of percocets every 3 hours just to get out of bed. I am a single mom who has to have a hysterectomy now. I have no family within 2000 miles. I am going to have to have this hysterectomy and be out of work with no pay for at least 3 weeks. I just want this nightmare of constant pain and pills to end. I pray for all of you suffering this same nightmare.
- Jackie’s Story I am a 36 year mom, almost 3 weeks post op from a total hysterectomy I did not want, but had to have due to previously having the Essure procedure. From the time of having the Essure […]
- Danielle’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on June 29, 2012. Since then, I can feel pain when I sneeze or cough, my periods are longer and heavier than normal, as well as all over the place […]
- Stacy’s Story I turned 36 in July 2011. I was aware of the warnings posted to women over 35 who were still taking the pill and I didn't really plan to have anymore kids, so I asked my OB/GYN what […]
- Errin’s Story I received the implants in 2009. I have experienced pelvic pain/discomfort since having the procedure completed and right away discussed it with my doctor. She assured me that I […]
- Shannon’s Story I had this procedure done March 2011. Ever since the procedure I have had cramping, but didn't think much of it and thought I will just see what the HSG shows. Well sure enough, the left […]
- Rhonda’s Story After waiting 10 years to add to our family, we received shocking news that we were pregnant. We were thrilled! After a pretty rough pregnancy, I had a beautiful baby boy. I decided that […]