I had the Essure procedure in March 2011. My problems began before I even left the hospital, the pain in the right side of my pelvic area has never left. I had very heavy bleeding, after 3 months of bleeding I became concerned and scared. I was too scared to go to the doctor for fear of a Hysterectomy.
Im 30 years old and my bleeding continued daily until January 2012. I still battle daily with pain and I am sad alot. Sex hurts and causes intense pain for days afterwards. My doctor resigned shortly after my procedure. I now have PMS symptoms.
This procedure has caused me much regret. I was not informed of these complications and now my life is a daily struggle that has impacted on my family because I chose to not have any more children. Trust me…Essure hurts.
- Stacy’s Story In January of 2010, my gynaecologist told me that I needed an ablation. I was 39 at the time and didn't want any more children. She promptly handed me a brochure about Essure. She strongly […]
- Amanda’s Story Hello my name is Amanda. Im from Ohio and had the Essure procedure done in 2009,since then my problems have only gotten worse. It started with heavy,odd and painfull periods. Go to my drs […]
- Angela’s Story After having our fourth child we knew our family was complete so I had Essure implanted at age 30. Three months after getting Essure I was hospitalized for high blood pressure. The […]
- Antoinette’s Story OMG, i should have never listened to my doctor that recommended this, i had mine done Aug.13,2013 i blead nonstop for 3 mths. straight the only thing that stops my bleeding is getting a […]
- Chrisanne’s Story Thanks to everyone for helping to feel I am not alone. My GYN told me about the implants two years ago. He said it would be great to decrease menstrual symptoms, non hormonal, quick and […]
- Grace’s Story I had the Essure procedure (as well as an ablation) in October 2012. I had mentioned to my Family Physician that my husband and I were done having children (I was 30, he was 35, and we […]