I had my Essure put in place in July of 2008. I have since had prolapse issues that I believe are caused by the Essure spring. The doctor that performed the procedure had a hard time getting in the right spring. This is the one that is visibly lower in the 4th HSG scan that I had, that also confirmed that the right side was not fully sealed 14 months after placement.
I have been told by another (male) doctor that performs the Essure placements, that there is no way that Essure caused my prolapse. I now have increased risk of ectopic pregnancy and the only solution is to have them surgically removed. I did know going in that there were risks but the doctor that did my placement was so confident that it was an easy procedure and reassured me that she had done hundreds.
I am now sceptical to try and ‘fix’ the situation as the doctor that I have seen has not done any visual tests and wants to go in blind and put a clamp on the spring. I really do not want one more thing inside me. I now have to use other forms of birth control and it has been horrible. Out of all the crazy stupid things I have done in my life, getting Essure is the only ONE thing I absolutely regret.
- Tiffany’s Story I got the Essure surgery in December 2011. I was told I would never feel it again. The depo shot that I had received to thin the lining of my uterus didn't help my healing process. I spent […]
- Patricia’s Story I am 37 years old and i just had the essure procedure done last June 2013. After talking to my doctor about options this is what he recommended sounds really good since i don't have to be […]
- Iadonna’s Story I had the Essure procedure done 4 yrs ago. My doctor was very clear about the discomfort I would experience during the procedure. He has been my doctor for nearly 20 yrs and I have no […]
- Stephanie’s Story I got the Essure done in December 2012 after having twins. I was sure about not having anymore children. I have never had menstrual cramps until after having my 1st son in 2009, they […]
- Stephanie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in August 2011 and really wished I wouldn't have. My doctor told me she had to do it at the hospital because I had to be put under sedation and it would […]
- Jill’s Story When I decided to have the essure placement placement as part of my birthcontrol plan I read the letiture that was available and decide if I should have a histerectomy or essure. The […]