I had the Essure coils inserted in my tubes in December of 2010. I have had problems ever since. First I had bad painful periods. Then all of a sudden, they stopped. I would get it them once every 5 or 6 months. Kept going to the doctor because I still had the bad cramps. She thought I was experiencing pre-menopause syndromes. Then about 5 months ago I started experiencing bleeding after intercourse. Sometimes my bleeding would last for 3 weeks. I’m tired all the time. I am nauseated from time to time, dizzy, bad pain on my right side. I have horrible pain after sex at times.
My doctor doesn’t know what’s wrong with me now. She saw something during an ultrasound near my right ovary. She said it could not be cyst. I have a feeling it’s one of the coils, and it’s moved. Having MRI next to find out what’s going on with me. I am tired of all the pain. I want my life back. Now I know that should’ve listened to women’s intuition. I shouldn’t have gotten the Essure procedure. I should’ve just gotten my tubes tied. If you are considering getting the Essure procedure done, don’t do it! It’s got a lot of side effects, that they don’t tell you about! It’s not safe!
- Cassie’s Story Hello, I just wanted to share how difficult life has been due to these coils. My Dr. insists the problems I am having have nothing to do with the device. However, I feel differently. I […]
- Siobhan’s Story I got the essure procedure done around the six month check up after my third daughter was born, early 2011. It was advocated as being a side-effect free procedure and the few that he […]
- Cecilia’s Story I had my son in 2009 I already had a daughter & my husband & I decided to have perminant sterilization. We went with the Essure because it was suppose to be less pain, faster […]
- Bethaney’s Story In November of 2005 I got the Essure procedure done. At the follow up from the surgery when they did a ultrasound to check it they said it looked great. Just 2 months after the 6 week […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on June 5, 2013. I was given one shot of Toradol and one Valium for this procedure and was screaming and crying in pain as they basically went 'spelunking' […]
- Jamie’s Story I had the essure done in may of 2009 and confirmed my tubes were blocked 3 months later. I had regular periods before the essure. I have had problems with my period ever since. Odd stomach […]