I had the Essure procedure done 6 years ago. This year, there has been a variety of problems in my abdomen. I had, what was diagnosed as a ruptured ovarian cyst because of horrible pain. Then, about a month ago, I became very sick with diarrhea. This prompted 3 doctors visits including an ER trip. This resulted in antibiotics for 10 days, a gastroenterologist followup. Last Thursday, as I was recovering from a colonoscopy, the doctor said, it appears that my Essure device is not in the right place. Then, my doctor calls and indicates that part of the device has separated. Now, I am taking my CT films from December and June for comparison to be sure that nothing else is going on. I have felt horrible for an entire year. I am 39 years old.
- Jean’s Story I had Essure implanted in 2007 and I have lived in pain ever since. They said you do not have to be put under but I was. When I woke up the OBGYN said he had a little bit of trouble […]
- Jodi’s Story I had the procedure done in 2012 and that was the absolute worst pain I have ever experienced. Everything had been fine up until Labor Day of this year. I have had a stabbing sharp pain […]
- Susan’s Story I am 26 with 3 beautiful kids. I have a lot of medical problems such as 4 blood clotting disorders and have to take strong blood thinners. I of course have to be careful of everything I […]
- Brandie’s Story I recently visited the ER with pelvic pain. They did ultrasounds and ct scans, another ultrasound ordered by my PCP. Today I found out that along with the fibroid tumor […]
- Susan’s Story I had the essure done a year ago when I had cervical cancer removed.. I have had headaches . .weekness ..general overall tired feeling. .and major pain in my right side and from my belly […]
- Jen’s Story At 29 years old, I had the Essure procedure on March 28, 2013. I was sore after the procedure and my abdomen was swollen, but thought that this was normal and would pass. Then 5 days went […]