Last year I told my healthcare provider I wanted a tubal. The nurse at the clinic I was going to told me about Essure. She explained how it was done. After much thought I decided to do it. I wish I hadn’t. With no preparation they had me laying back as if I were about to have a pelvic exam. They gave me 5 shots of a numbing agent in my cervix then another 5 or 6 in my uterus. That had to be the worse pain I have ever felt. The resident (who was doing the procedure under the watch of a doctor) never gave me a warning, never gave me time to recoop or anything. They started the procedure and after one tube rejected the spring 3 times they finally decided to try the other tube. They could not find it. After 10 minutes they finally found it and it was blocked by tissue. They tried the other tube again and it rejected again. All this time I am literally climbing the wall I am in so much pain. They never scheduled a follow up to see why my tubes were blocked by tissue, I never got any explanation from the doctor and to make matters worse they billed me for a procedure that didn’t even work!! I wish I would have just gotten a tubal. Tried and true it has to be the safest form of permanent birth control there is.
- Jamie’s Story I had the essure done in may of 2009 and confirmed my tubes were blocked 3 months later. I had regular periods before the essure. I have had problems with my period ever since. Odd stomach […]
- Samantha’s Story I went in for a ten minute procedure today, I came out of the room 5 hours later they made a false passage into my cervix, the punctured the uteris wall and I have two large tears that […]
- Meredith’s Story Hi. My name is Meredith (from Australia) I had the Essure device implanted in approx 2003 at age 37 via a hysteroscopy in which i was not under general anaesethic. The procedure I was […]
- Kristi’s Story I decided to get permanent birth control in 2009 while going through a divorce with my then husband. He had had a vasectomy done in 2003 so it was the first time I had to really think […]
- Robin’s Story Since having essure, I have had debilitating periods. Sadly, I've never thought this could be the cause until one day one of my patients (I am a nurse) noticed my severe discomfort […]
- Missy’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about 5 years ago after a friend recommended it as a good form of birth control. The procedure itself was not too bad. When I went in to get the […]