Had this procedure done about 3 years ago due to the fact that no other birth control would be offered for me due to being overweight, over the age of 33 and a smoker. Now wish I would have bypassed this procedure. Since the past year I have noticed that my periods are getting heavier and are coming more frequent and am always nauseated when I have them, severe pelvic cramping even when not on my period, headaches are becoming more frequent as well. Now I am starting to struggle with severe lower back pain that either has me where i cant stand up straight or bend over. I have lost weight not from procedure but to try to get my self healthier. Not sure if what I have mentioned above is coming from this procedure but never had these problems or suffered through this before I had done. Now with no health insurance cant go to find out for sure right now. Hopefully soon I can go and see if this procedure has caused these effects. But as of right now knowing Im going through this and reading that other women are having similar symptoms I would tell any one who is thinking of having this done please go another route, not this one. As I am writing this I’m on my second period in less than 4 weeks and having severe back pain.
- Melinda’s Story Im not ready to tell my whole story as Im just learning about all the isues about ESSURE in which I had put in back in 2004, there after having Gastric Bypass. Since then I have lost alot […]
- Karissa’s Story I had the Essure placed on Feb 2009. I was told by my doctor that they do not tie tubes anymore that they have a new form of birth control called the Essure. So after my daughter was born […]
- Sarah’s Story I made the choice to have the Essure as my permanent birth control about three years ago. I did not know I was actually having symptoms from the Essure because the symptoms I had […]
- Tammie’s Story I had the coils put in and I had my period for 2 months. My doctor had to put me on birth control pills to stop it. Now my stomach is so swolen I look I am 9 months pregnant. How can I get […]
- Tabitha’s Story I have 3 Handsome boys. I always new I only wanted to have 3 kids. After my third son was born, I was put on the Miena IUD for 5 years which worked great! When my 5 years was up, I knew I […]
- Lakeshia’s Story I'm am 27 years old I got my essure done 01/10/2011. I went to my ob asking for birth control because I was in an abusive relationship and had three children and really wasn't sure if I […]