I decided to get the Essure after talking with my doctor about permanent sterilization. He made it sound like an amazing option. I should’ve known it sounded too good to be true and I should’ve done more research.
I went in for the procedure on October 30, 2012. It was to be in and out, a little to no pain procedure and I should have recovered by morning. It was in and out, it was the most painful thing I had been through, aside from giving birth to my son.
I’m still having cramping mostly on the right side and still spotting, not to mention the headaches and leg pain that could possibly be associated. Every time I call the doctor he always puts off seeing me, saying wait till after you first period, its residual pain, your tubes are just being irritated and if you still have problems after the x rays we’ll exam it. Please anyone looking to get this done do your research!!!
- Sara’s Story I am 32 years old and had been trying to get my tubes tied since I gave birth to my daughter at age 19. I always knew that I only wanted one child but was unable to find an OBGYN that […]
- Jennifer’s Story I am 31 after i had my third child five years ago i decided i was done having kids o ask my doctor to tie my tubes but he said because i was only 26 at the time that he couldnt the […]
- Amanda’s Story My name is Amanda, and I had the essure procedure done in January 2005 after my third child was born. My doctor sold it to me as a great new, non-surgical method of sterilization. I wish […]
- LeeAne’s Story I have known for my whole adult life that having children was not for me. After turning 30 in 2003 I got to looking into methods of permanent sterilization – and Essure came up as a […]
- Markeeta’s Story First I will preface by saying I am a registered nurse and understand there may be complications with any procedure but I also understand that side effects should be provided up front to […]
- Bárbara’s Story Hello, my name is Barbara Overduyn, as many people I also chose to have essuere planted on me. before the surgery I was healthy and very active, after I has the surgery I got a lot of […]