I had the Essure procedure done in March of 2010 after having twins and two older children. We knew that our family was complete, so my obgyn recommended this as a permanent birth control. After they were places my insurance ran out and I did not have the money to go back and have them checked but was told that it would be fine.
In April of 2012 I found out that I was pregnant again. Now we have five children. Also after I had the coils I developed a terrible rash all down my legs that I have tried numerous creams and ointments with no luck. I was never explained that I should have had an allergy test but I believe that the coils are the cause for the rash. My hair has been falling out since I have done the Essure too. My weight gain has been a struggle. I’m sure I am forgetting things but I just feel that my story needs to be gotten out there. I hope that women who consider this form of birth control think hard before putting these into there bodies.
- LaTasha’s Story I have tried to tell my story on this site for a long time. Each time I tried, I would cry and get so angry many thoughts would come, but I couldn't write. Well today I am determined to […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2010 at the age of 32. I did not want any more children and i had talked to my doctor about options and she recommended Essure. She raved about how easy […]
- Kari’s Story I had the Essure procedure when my Son was 6 Weeks old (July 2013). After I awoke from the procedure I was in Constant Pain, it felt like Menstrual Cramps mixed with Labor Contractions, I […]
- Brianne’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted a few months after my youngest son was born in 2008. At the time it seemed like the easier option for sterilization. Within two weeks after the procedure I […]
- Robin’s Story This week, I will turn 46 years old. I started my family late in life. My first daughter was born when I was 35 and my second when I was 37. I considered my daughters to be truly […]
- LeAnne’s Story When I got pregnant right before January of 2012 my husband and I were so excited. I tried for 5 years with my ex husband and for 4 yeara my husband and I were not exactly trying but not […]