Back in February of this year (2013), I was having a TVT sling procedure and decided to have an Essure implant at the same time, since I would be under anesthesia. I didn’t have any problems with the device at the time of the implant, but at my first HSG in July, my right tube was not closed off. I just went back today for my 2nd HSG and my right tube is still not closed due to ‘failure’ of the implant. This is my OB/GYN’s first Essure failure, and now my choices are to 1) have a tubal, 2) have a hysterectomy, 3) choose another birth control method, or 4) my hubbie can have a vasectomy (which he has already said ‘NO!’ to). Very frustrated!!! So thankful to have come across this site. Sad to see that there are so many others who have had issues. Now wondering if a recent increase in migraines has to do with this implant, after having read some other stories.
- Dawn’s Story After my husband and I had our second child in 2001, I requested to have a tubal ligation done. I did not want any more children. My OBGYN was against having my tubes done due to my age. […]
- Takesha’s Story Hello. My name is Takesha! I had the Essure devices implanted back in July of 2010. I had given birth to my youngest son in May of 2010 after being hospitalized for weeks. My last two […]
- Ambra’s Story I had this procedure done almost 8 years ago and I wish I never had. I was the first in my town to have it done so they didn't know a lot. I have had horrible periods and cramping, […]
- Teri’s Story I have had essure for 3 years now. I have had many of these symptoms that other women are describing but I didn't think that the essure would be causing these things. I have recently […]
- Kristi’s Story I decided to get permanent birth control in 2009 while going through a divorce with my then husband. He had had a vasectomy done in 2003 so it was the first time I had to really think […]
- Stephanie’s Story I had the Essure permanent birth control procedure done 3 months ago, 5 months after the birth of my third son. I have been in nonstop pain on my left side ever since I had it done. I […]