I have had essure for 3 years now. I have had many of these symptoms that other women are describing but I didn’t think that the essure would be causing these things. I have recently started taking medication for migraines. I will have a migraine for at least a week straight and it is either the week before my period or the week after. I also have the shooting pain which sometimes brings me to my knees. I always thought that it was my body ovulating and since the eggs can’t drop it just causes pain. I also have bloating and I feel as if I do look pregnant sometimes. It’s not horrible but I am a smaller build so it is very noticeable. I also have fairly large blood clots every other month. I don’t have a heavy cycle and normally only last 4 days. The biggest problem that I’ve had from essure is a low sex drive. Which obviously causes issues for my fiancé and I. I am 28 years old and I decided that my son was the last child I wanted to have so I to thought this was an easy solution. I wish I would have never had this procedure done.
- Heather’s Story Hi my name is Heather. I had the Essure procedure done in September 2013, and the hysterosalpingogram (HSG) done in December 2013. I have had pain every day since the procedure. I […]
- Shawna’s Story Attention: ALL WOMEN CONSIDERING ESSURE PERMANENT BIRTH CONTROL SURGERY. 4 years ago this September I had this surgery done. I am happy with the children I have and am done having children […]
- Amy’s Story I had the Essure implants inserted in 2011 and I wish I would have known then what the potential side effects would be. I have experienced multiple side effects over the past 4 years […]
- Andrea’s Story I had Essure implanted 8 years ago after my last child. I had started suffering heavy bleeding, clotting, and getting abnormal migraine headaches these past 3 years. I often wondered where […]
- Robin’s Story After my fourth child, and due to my increased age(41), I decided to get a sterilization procedure. I inquired with my ob/gyn and she suggested the new essure device. a simple out -patient […]
- Teri’s Story I am a 29 year old mother of three. I got the Essure implants in 2009. Until a few days ago when a friend mentioned it to me I didnt even think to connect the medical problems I have been […]