I had the Essure birth control put in because I was done having children and found the pill had been in affective in the past. At the same time, I elected to have the ablation procedure done. Not only did the cramping from periods continue, which my doctor told me would decrease, they got worse as did my periods themselves. My moods changed. Around the same time that I had the Essure put in, I started to experience migraines on a frequent basis that I never had before. I tried to tell my neurologist and gynecologist that I thought that it had something to do with the Essure and was told that they didn’t believe that to be the case. Nine to ten months after my procedure, I was admitted to the hospital because they discovered I was 14-16 weeks pregnant and the amneotic sac had ruptured the night before and had to have a D&C. I continued to have migraines until December, when my doctor removed the Essure via hysterectomy. After that, I didn’t have migraines. This was all between December of 2011 and December of 2012. I thought I was crazy and that there was another cause for my migraines until I started reading some of the issues other than women had. It just never felt right.
Thank you for letting me dhare.
- Angelica’s Story I had the Essure procedure done after the birth of my third child in 2007. I elected to have the procedure done in the hospital so that I could be sedated. Surgery was successful, and this […]
- Terra’s Story Last March, at the age of 37, I knew that I wasn't wanting to have more children. I had been on the pill for 15 years and felt like it was time for something more permanent. I went to see […]
- Cynthia’s Story After having my 4rth child in 2005 me and my husband decided we were done. I had no pain in my abdomen at all untill after recieving the Essure. I was convinced it was totally safe by the […]
- Crystal’s Story I had Essure placed in October 2009. I wasn't as concerned about birth control, but I wanted to have an endometrial ablation and my physician wanted me to have permanent birth control […]
- Takesha’s Story Hello. My name is Takesha! I had the Essure devices implanted back in July of 2010. I had given birth to my youngest son in May of 2010 after being hospitalized for weeks. My last two […]
- Kimberly’s Story My Essure story began on April 20, 2011. I was 37 when I had the procedure. I believed the hype my doctor told me and I too thought this was the best thing ever. Who wouldn’t want a […]