I decided to have the essure procedure done about 9 months after I had my 3rd child. I had the procedure done in August of 2007 at a hospital in Gross Pointe, MI and got my HSG test done at the same place 3 months later and was told that I could rely on essure for birth control.
In 2011 I learned that I was pregnant with my 4th child. I was terrified! Would my baby be okay? Would I be able to carry full term? Would the baby suffer any side effects? I ended up having a healthy baby girl on September 22, 2011.
In 2012 I got my tubes tied the old fashioned way and my dr. told me that one of the coils came out and it is now embedded in my uterus. The other coil is still in place but she said it would be too dangerous to remove the other one. I am so angry that this is still on the market. I am constantly bloated and have very heavy periods. I reported all of this to the FDA in 2011 and I got a letter back saying thank you for the information and that was it. Thank you Erin for trying to do something about this!
- Amanda’s Story Hi my name is Amanda. My husband and I live in a small community in between Madison and Milwaukee WI. We have 3 beautiful children. Our baby was our surprise of a lifetime in many many […]
- Rhonda’s Story The End of a Relationship In 2010, after years of waiting and praying, Adrian and I were finally blessed with another pregnancy. We had honestly given up hope and made peace with the fact […]
- Nicole’s Story hi esisters my name is Nicole im 24yrs old after 3 children I knew I was done having babys so at 23 I decided essure was a good choice at the time but was I ever so wrongits been e hell 1 […]
- Rowe’s Story My story is somewhat different. However, it still involves the Essure and the inappropriate use of it. I was 25 then and pregnant with my second child when it was offered to me at the […]
- Khara’s Story I haven't had any very serious problems with Essure, other than the fact that I am 9 weeks pregnant right now and I am completely taken back. I chose Essure because I am the mother of 3 […]
- Brianne’s Story I had discussed having my tubes tied prior to having my second child with my doctor. I was scheduled to have another c-section so having my tubes tied immediately following the birth would […]