I had the Essure procedure in 2013. I had a busy day to day life, and I made my decision based only on the fact that the healing time fit perfectly. I didn’t ask many questions, and to be completely honest, was not offered much more than how it is placed. Immediately after the procedure, I was in excruciating pain and discomfort. It actually made me get sick. For months, I bled off and on. All the time. I was prescribed a few different types of birth control and estrogen to stop the bleeding. I visited the E.R. a few times up until close to the end of 2014. My medical had been suspended, so I never had the follow up ultrasound. My OB office wouldn’t help at all. I got fed up with trying to go to the E.R. due to pain, because they disregarderd everything I said, and basically gave me pain medication and sent me on my way. I ultimately threw my hands up, and just decided to manage my mysery on my own. Lots of heat stuff, hot baths and showers, ibuprofen, etc. I am miserable almost daily. My right side hurts the most. I really feel helpless. I pray everyday that something gives. I just want them out. I just want to wake up and feel like me again.
- Heather’s Story My name is Heather I am 23 and I have 3 small children. After I gave birth to my youngest child my husband and decided not to have anymore children. I didn't want to have to get surgery […]
- Cynthia’s Story I chose the Essure procedure on my Doctor's advice over tubal ligation when my son was born in 2008, for the following 4.5 years I struggled with mysterious abdominal pain, headache, and […]
- Kayla’s Story I am currently 23 years old with two children. After complications with the second I decided I never wanted to get pregnant again. First, my doctor recommend the IUD. After 3 weeks I felt […]
- Johnna’s Story I had the essure procedure in may 2013. Due to the process I had 2 doses of the depo shot, should have worn off in august 2013. Here we are may 2014. I've yet to have a period. I […]
- April’s Story I got Essure in late 2010. Previously, I had easy 3-5 day cycles my entire life with little to no cramps. my pain & symptoms have progressed. I have pain down my right leg to the sole […]
- Angela’s Story I have 2 little ones and my husband and I had decided that we were done having children. I went in to speak with my obgyn about having an ablation for my heavy periods but was told that i […]