I wanted to let everyone know, I wasnt away of the side effects of the Essure. I have not seen a doctor for the symptons I’ve had. To let you all know, I had this surgery performed while I was in the Military.. The first thing that shoock me up, my doctor told me, ‘One of the coils is stuck in your uterus, I was unable to pull it out.’ How is this possible?? I have pain at times, it almost knocks me off my feet. When I use the bathroom, my lower abdominal area is in so much pain, I don’t want to use the bathroom.
I have read so many other women’s stories and it is scary, I’m not sure if my situation will be as bad. I do know, when my cycle comes on, I feel a pain that is unbearable and I beleive it is where the coils are. My husband pointed the story out last nigh while watching the news. It’s a scary thought many women have had to get complete removal of the female organs. I am in the Atlanta area, and right now I am searching for the right OB to perform this procedure to get these coils out of me. I pray that everyone has a speedy recovery or is able to deal with the pain.
May God bless you all
- Rachel’s Story I had the essure coils done in July of 2011. The first month I was fine and was told my cycle may or may not start. The month of September 2011 is when my pain cycle began and lasted over […]
- Irma’s Story I got the Essure coil in about 2002 when it first came to the Atlanta area. My GYN physician was one of the first in the Atlanta area to start inserting them. Shortly after, one of the […]
- Lakeshia’s Story I'm am 27 years old I got my essure done 01/10/2011. I went to my ob asking for birth control because I was in an abusive relationship and had three children and really wasn't sure if I […]
- Caroline’s Story In 2008, after years of pregnancy losses and menstruation issues I decided to have the ESSURE procedure done. Years later I began to experience abdominal pain, heavy, irregular bleeding […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure Procedure done at my healthcare provider back in August of 2010. Since the device is hormone free and permanent, I thought it was the best decision for me. By April, 2011, […]
- Shawna’s Story I had the Essure procedure done three years ago. I remember being so happy about this seemingly easy and relatively non-invasive form of permanent birth control. When I did my internet […]