Implanted with Essure coils into my folopian tubes in 2003 via an OBGYN in a hospital to prevent future pregnancy due to not wanting any more kids. After 3 months I was assured coils were in place and that I should have no commplicatins no negative feedback or problems had been reported per the doctor at that time. I was 24 when I got the essure. Over 9 years I experienced cramps, acne, heavy prolongged periods for as long as four months on going. Weight gain and rashes. In August 2014 symptoms got worse I started having high anxiety and panic attacks along with prolongged periods. I went to a new OBGYN since the one that inserted it was no longer around. My new OBGYN sent me for a pelvic utrasound what they found was the right coil migrated into my uterus and was causing all my issues. I was unable to have coils removed without a hysterectomy at the age of 35. I was expidited to surgery 11-5-14 where essure coils as well as tubes, cervix and uterus had to be removed. I have suffered enough and essure has caused not only physical trauma but mental as well. My family, career and life was put on hold. Essure needs to be taken off the market it can cause severe medical issues.
- Tracey’s Story My story about Essure coils goes back to 2004 where I had a female doctor insert the essure coils in my tubes in the hospital. After several attempts on different forms of birth control my […]
- Christina’s Story Im writing you today to inform you about the amount of pain, mental anguish and stress my husband and I have unfortunately experienced with the permanent birth control called Essure. I was […]
- Rachel’s Story May 24, 2014, 3:47pm In 2009 I had the Essure procedure done. My husband and I decided that having any more children was not something we wanted for numerous reasons. I was […]
- Leslee’s Story On September 17, 2013 I went in for surgery to have this 'coil' put in while having another procedure for endometriosis. Luckily I have not had any painful side effects from this […]
- Mattie’s Story August 24, 2014, RE: ESSURE Removal Surgery – Mattie Johnson, Charlotte, NC I am a 55 year old woman who had the ESSURE Implant Surgery in 2007. I already had given birth to my son and […]
- Christi’s Story I am a 24 yr old mother of 3 my kids ages are 5,4 and 9 months. I had Essure inserted in July 2012. I was told by my doctor this was the best way to go and he would really only recommend […]