Every day I regret the day I got the Essure procedure. It’s good to see I’m not the only one. I’m a single mother of 3 and I hate that I chose this procedure, but of course the Doctor doesn’t tell you the bad that could come from having Essure.
I had Essure placed in January 2010 and bled till about April 2010. I was in pain and didn’t bounce back like they claimed you would. Since then my periods have been nightmares. I have heavy bleeding, severe cramps, blood clots, headaches, the list goes on.
I would never recommend this to anyone. Doctor’s look at you like you are crazy. My Gyn at the time only said, ‘I told you your periods would go back to how they were before birth control’. I explained to her my periods were never heavy or bad before birth control. I just left the practice and I’ve been suffering and it seems to be getting worse.
On top the horrible periods, I have had other health issues that I’ve never had to deal with until after Essure. I’m not sure if they are linked but it is strange. I really want these coils removed. I’ve never regretted anything so much in my life. My cousin had it done and also is having the same problems.
I pray they take this off the market and soon. Enough women have suffered.
- Stefanie’s Story I had the Essure procedure when I was 21 in June 2008. My doctor suggested it as the best birth control as I didn't want anymore children. My children were both in diapers being 14 months […]
- Cassandra’s Story My name is Cassandra I am a single mother of three children. I had decided about a year ago that my family was complete. I didn't want any more children. I am the sole income and knew I […]
- Mishelle’s Story In late January/ early February of 2011, I made the decision that I was done having children. You see, I have six sons, and I had found myself in the position of being a single mother. I […]
- Jenifer’s Story Hello my name is Jen I am 38 yes old and a mother of one. I decided 3 years ago to get the Essure. I was single 35 and there was no way I wanted more kids at my age. Being a si,gle parent […]
- Rachelle’s Story At the age of 23 I became a mother of 3.. I have had complications with each one of my pregnancies so I figured the right thing to do for my body was to not conceive anymore. I talked to […]
- Sherelle’s Story I am a mother of two I'm 27 my son is 8 my daughter 2 after my daughter was born I got the essure procedure n wen I got it I had terrible back pain I had to stay out of work for a week it […]