I had the Essure coils implanted in August 2011. For over a year, I have been fighting severe hip pain, back pain, leg pain with a dull, numb, achy and burning sensation. X-rays, nerve conduction study show nothing. It dawned on me to Google problems with Essure procedure and to my dismay, many women are having many of the same problems as I am experiencing!
My periods flow about the same but the cramps are more severe. I had this procedure at my doctor’s advice. She refused to do a Tubal ligation, which is what I really wanted. I am angry that we Essure patients were not fully informed. We deserved to know ALL possible side effects and outcomes. I do want this product off the market.
I am in needless pain and I would like the procedure reversed. If women choose to make a decision to have the Essure implantation, then by all means, they should get it done AFTER they have been given all possible side effects as well as the supposed ‘ADVANTAGE’. I made the choice for this procedure but it was a choice made with limited information. That I regret.
- Susan’s Story To anyone who is considering this procedure: Inform yourself and ask your doctor about all of the side effects. I was considering doing this procedure, myself, as my obgyn made it sound […]
- Amanda’s Story My name is Amanda I'm 32 years old after having my fifth child in 2008 my doctor told me about the assure and I thought why not its easier faster and cheaper than a tubal ligation but now […]
- Julia’s Story I have had my Essure for ten years. I was told by my physician that it was a pure titanium rod, now I find out there is nickel in it to which I am allergic. I still have the […]
- Cherri’s Story I got essure implanted in 2011. About 1 1/2 to 2 years ago I started noticing that I didn't have as much strength and energy as I had in the past. I really didn't put much into it and my […]
- Maranda’s Story I decided in 2007 to get the Essure procedure done after my second child. My normal ob/gyn did the procedure and assured me it was perfectly fine.Once the surgery was done and I came to my […]
- Kari’s Story I have been married for 17 years and have not been able to get pregnant. My husband and I decided in 2012 that we needed to be responsible about our future. He is 9 years older than […]