My name is Wendy and I decided on the Essure fall of 2007. My husband and I decided we didn’t want anymore kids. I had a daughter and he adopted her. That was enough for the both of us. We decided on the Essure because it was supposed to be the easiest procedure with the least recovery time and side effects.
I’ve always had a high pain tolarance, to the point that I had my daughter natural and would do it again. When I went in to have my essure done, the procedure was so painful I couldn’t stand it. They could not finish the procedure and I had to go back. My doctor assured me that was not usually the case and it would not be like that the next time. WRONG, It was worse the second time.
Since the procedure I get a sharp pain in my ovaries when I have sex. I go through random spells of exhaustion and soreness that are worse during my period and severe menstral cramps. My breasts are very sore which started just occasionally and is now occuring more and more often.
Mentally, I’ve been very moody. One minute I’m laughing and joking and the next I’m biting someone’s head off for nothing. I’ve struggled with what I thought was stress, but now I wonder if it’s a depression.
This is not what we signed up for!
- Jenny’s Story About 6 years ago, I had the essure procedure done to save my husband from having a vasectomy. My doctor told me it was much less invasive than a vasectomy and a quicker recovery. Not long […]
- Tina’s Story Hello. I'm a 32 year old mother of 3, and I had the Essure procedure done a year and a half ago. Since then, I have experienced very frequent UTI's, random pain in the lower pelvic region […]
- Krystal’s Story When I became pregnant with my son, my doctor and I had planned and scheduled a c-section so that I could have my tubes tied at the same time as delivery. However, when I went into labor, […]
- Pat’s Story I decided to have the procedure done because I'm 46 years old and I already have 4 beautiful children and do not intend on having any more, especialy since I am single and don't […]
- Jody’s Story After having 2 c-sections, and getting my incision infected both times, I knew I was done having kids. When I explored my options my doctor had suggested getting the essure done because […]
- Debra’s Story My story is a lot like Patty's story.I had my procedure done in February 2009 after I had my third child. For the first six months I never had a period. Ever since then I have very severe […]