I am 38 years old, a wife and a mother of two grown children. In February of 2012 I was told by my obgyn doctor that he recommended the essure device for my irregular periods and as a safety measure of permanent birth control. I was told it had no side effects, it required no surgery, and no down time. Based on what I was told I opted for the procedure, little did I know that these were all lies. Since the procedure I have had constant heavy bleeding, chronic pelvic and lower back pain, terrible migraines, blurred vision, extreme fatigue, and rash from my waist down. As for no down time, I didnt have down time after having the procedure but dealing with all these side effects has lead to many days of down time and days out of work. I finally had enough and after seeing several doctors that refused to say my symptons were a result from the essure, I eventually found one that told me I was not crazy. It was so comforting to hear him say that he believed me and that he would be willing to help me. I have since decided to have a partial hysterectomy at the first of the year.
- Wendy’s Story I had Essure in September 2009. I had cramping that did not go away for weeks. One week after implantation, I experienced a feeling of numbness where my right tube is. I went back to the […]
- Paula’s Story My problems began almost as soon as I had the procedure. I'm dealing with chronic migraines, chronic fatigue, muscle pain & weakness, brain fog & more. I had to stop working in […]
- Kimyatta’s Story I am 33 years old with three children. I had Essure implanted in 2009 a year after having my third child. Immediately I began to have really bad cramping and bleeding. I brought it to my […]
- Mandi’s Story I had the Essure done in 2007 as a form of permanet birth control. At the time it sounded like the best way to go, it was less evasive and less recovery time than a tubal ligation. At […]
- Rebecca’s Story My name is Rebecca, I am a mother of six, after having twins 2 1/2 yrs ago and being told my chances of having more multiples was 80%, my doctor highly recommended the Essure procedure. I […]
- Stacey’s Story I had the essure coils put in in 2009. One ended up migrating from my fallopian tube and was found during a laproscopic procedure for pelvic pain and bloating. It was removed and the other […]