I had Essure and began having severe cramps but only on one side. It felt like something was stabbing me. I told my OBGYN that I felt like the Essure coil was poking me. He assured me that I wouldn’t be able to feel it so it must be something else Like severe menstral cramps. Later on, I began what I believed to be menopause. Still suffering from cramps, heavy bleeding and this stabbing feeling on the one side, I had a full hysterectomy. My doctor discovered that the Essure had punctured my Fallopian tube on the side where I felt the stabbing pain. He said I had an enlarged ovary and was in menopause and downplayed the Essure device and the fact that it had punctured my fallopian tube. I knew I could feel something stabbing me…always go with your instinct. I’m thankful to have the device removed and wouldn’t do it again kmowing what I know now.
- Dawn’s Story I visited my gynecologist of 24 years and told him I didn't want to continue taking the birth control pill because I had been on them for 20 years. He told me about essure and I voiced to […]
- Monica’s Story I had Essure done 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have been experiencing several negative changes in my body. I was not sure what was going on. I went back to my OB/GYN Friday & he did an […]
- Angela’s Story I cannot remember if it was late 2008 or early 2009 – But that is when my Essure journey began. Before getting the procedure done in the Doctors office we realized I wasn't on any […]
- Sandi’s Story I had the Essure device implanted in 2008. The Doctor that did it had no idea what he was doing. He attempted to implant it on my left side, didnt think it went in, and tried AGAIN not […]
- Angela’s Story My name is Angela. I'm 33 years old. I had Essure placed a year or so after my daughter was born. I was given a Valium, Vicodin and a Tordol shot 1 hour before the procedure. When I was on […]
- Angela’s Story Ive wrote about my heavy periods lately, also the labor pain cramping that went away years ago but is back again. Now I'm getting an yeast infection before my period for the last couple […]