I had this procedure after my divorse in 2006. I had 5 children already and did not want more. The doctor talked me into this procedure, rather than having my tubes tied, due to being a single mother and needing to get back to work. I was happy with the procedure, as far as birth control.
After reading this and hearing from a friend who works in a GYN office about all the issues, I realized that perhaps I have been feeling bad, due to this? I have no energy, often have unexplained head aches and cramping. I am and have been in menopause since last August 2012, thought perhaps the cramping was due to that. I also have pain during intercourse recently and when I have been to the doctor, they said that everything looks normal. I feel nautious on a regular basis, almost like a hangover or first few months of being pregnant. I also have never had issues with weight gain and I have weight gain and no matter what I do, cannot loose.
I am now wondering if this procedure or product is affecting me and my health! I want to know more and know what to do in order to find out if it is affecting me! I am only 49 and don’t need or want health issues if at all possible!
- Cintina’s Story I had Essure placed September 9, 2013 at first everything was great i was happy with my decision then little things started happening, back pain, migraine's, tiredness, lack of energy.. […]
- Beth’s Story I had my essure placed April 2011, after my daughter was born on Feb. 24, 2011. My doctor gave me no other choice for permanent birth control but essure. I have had nothing but problems […]
- Dana’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2008. I was a divorced single mother of 2 teenagers. I was told that the procedure went well, tubes were blocked and i could not have children. In […]
- Holly’s Story I am a mother of 7 children and am 37 years of age. I had my youngest child on 2-14-2011. I wanted my Dr to tie my tubes after her birth. He told me that procedure was not an option that […]
- Shawn’s Story Hello ladies, my name is Shawn. I had the Essure procedure on February 22, 2010. After the first six months of having the coils placed I started having very bad mood swings, so bad my son […]
- Leigh’s Story After having severe hyperemesis to the point of hospitalization with two pregnancies I knew I was done and needed to do something to prevent it again. Doctors warned me that each […]