I had Essure coils placed in May 2010. I did not have any adverse symptoms for the first three months or so. Then one day I went to the emergency room for severe stomach cramps. The U/S tech told me I had ovarian cysts. I went back for a follow up with my own doctor, and there was nothing. My menstrual cramps have progressively become worse every month since then. It started just occurring during my period, but now it starts four or five days before and continues until about two days after. We have started saving toward getting them removed but will not be able to pay for the surgery for almost a year. I pray that symptoms don’t continue to progress at the pace they have been lately!
- Kellie’s Story I had the Essure implants inserted in 2005, when it was still a very new procedure. I opted for this form of permanent birth control due to having Crohn's Disease and having already […]
- Jessica’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted in 2009.It's been 4 years of pain and complications. At first, it wasn't so bad… just irregular menstrual cycles and ovarian cysts. As the years […]
- Gwendolynn’s Story I had Essure placed in September 2011. I was never told about the risk of nickel sensitivity and it was sold as a convenient, pain free device, with minimal down time. The only negative […]
- Cassandra’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in January 2004 and have experienced multiple issues ever since. It started off simple enough with what I thought were menstrual cramps, even though I had […]
- Samantha’s Story My name is Samantha and I live in Dallas, Texas. I had the Essure procedure done on December 29, 2011. At the time, I was a 27 year old woman who chose to have the procedure because I did […]
- Siobhan’s Story I got the essure procedure done around the six month check up after my third daughter was born, early 2011. It was advocated as being a side-effect free procedure and the few that he […]