I got Essure in 2012. They gave me general anesthesia since I have never been pregnant. I woke up with no problems and had my HSG after three months, using an alternative BC for those three months. I should have probably had general for my HSG, because it was incredibly painful.
I’ve had zero problems with the device itself. No pregnancies, no pain, no migration, no rejection, no other side effects. I am sorry for all of the women who do have problems. I do recommend this procedure to people as it has been a life changer for me in that I never have to worry about pregnancy.
- Denise’s Story I am 49 years old and two years ago I discussed with my GYN the various types of Birth Control possibilities. I had been on the pill many many ears and decided to try another form of BC […]
- Heather’s Story I had the essure procedure done in June 2011. The initial procedure was a piece of cake, no pain, no bleeding no cramping, just the discomfort during placement. I was in and out of the […]
- Sandi’s Story I had the Essure device implanted in 2008. The Doctor that did it had no idea what he was doing. He attempted to implant it on my left side, didnt think it went in, and tried AGAIN not […]
- Crystal’s Story I had Essure placed in October 2009. I wasn't as concerned about birth control, but I wanted to have an endometrial ablation and my physician wanted me to have permanent birth control […]
- Meredith’s Story Hi. My name is Meredith (from Australia) I had the Essure device implanted in approx 2003 at age 37 via a hysteroscopy in which i was not under general anaesethic. The procedure I was […]
- Stephanie’s Story My name is Stephanie. I am a 28 year old mother of 5 amazing girls. Pregnancies were always hard on me. I suffered 3 miscarriages by the time I concieved my fourth daughter. I was told I […]