I got the Essure procedure done in Feb. 2013. As with most of these cases I did it for the convenience of a permanent birth control that was just a simple office visit, no down time. It has been the biggest mistake of my life. First of all, I’ve had a sharp pain on my left side from the first day of the implant. Secondly, the implant on the right side is missing. Internal and external ultrasounds haven’t detected where the spring is at. My periods started immediatly getting out of control, very heavy bleeding, huge blood clots, extremely painful cramps. I’ve missed a lot of work and family obligations due to the awful periods that last 3 weeks out of the month. I feel weak, tired and have even talked to my boss recently about going part time (which I really can’t afford to do) because I don’t have enough energy to get through the day. My doctor had to burn my right tube since the spring was missing.Just a week and a half ago (Feb. 12, 2014) he had to do a hysteroscopy and ablation to try and control the bleeding. I have no idea what to expect next. To be honest I’m scared and I really want these implants removed. If you are considering getting the Essure…DON’T DO IT!
- Christelin’s Story I had my last baby in April of 2010. At this point I was 32 years old with 3 boys so I elected to have the Essure procedure done knowing I did not want to have anymore children. I was […]
- Monica’s Story I got essure in late 2012, after 4 kids and wanting something permanent my gyno suggested that was the best option, oh how betrayed I feel. Things have changed for me as well as for my […]
- Melissa’s Story I had my third daugher in february of 207, shor5ly after she was born I discussed possible long term birth control options. I was undecided if I wanted more children because I always […]
- Stephanie’s Story After having two chilren back to back and a husband who suffered a massive heart attack at a very young age I decided that having more children was not an option. Dealing with the two […]
- Chrissy’s Story I had Essure implants put in 5 years ago. A friend had them done and told me they were a good alternative to tubal ligation. I already had twin girls and was using a Mirena IUD-but […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about 7 years ago. I was also having heavy periods and so the doctor performed a uterine ablation at the same time. My GYN told me that Essure was safer […]