I had the Essure procedure performed in 2008 after my second child was born. I was seeking permanent sterilization as the delivery of my son was extraordinarily difficult. Since the delivery was so traumatic, the Essure procedure was introduced /’sold’ to me as a very simplistic one – no down time. For me, that was correct; however, over the years I have experienced bizarre medical issues that the causes have not been determined (severe diziness, extreme dermatology conditions, depression, weight fluctuations, multiple cyles in a 30 day period and the list continues unfortunately). I am a working mother, a wife, and have 2 growing children. Life as I have known it has come to a complete hault as my body AND mind have been severely affected by this simplistic procedure. The procedure was simplistic however the aftermath will last a lifetime! I pray that my family can remain intact and I can continue to partially function in the various roles that I play until we can get some assistance to reverse this nightmare.
- April’s Story Hi my name is April, i am 35 years old and had the essure procedure in 2009. I have 2 children and at the time i didn't want anymore children. At first I didn't have any problems, but […]
- LeeAne’s Story I have known for my whole adult life that having children was not for me. After turning 30 in 2003 I got to looking into methods of permanent sterilization – and Essure came up as a […]
- Johnna’s Story I had the essure procedure in may 2013. Due to the process I had 2 doses of the depo shot, should have worn off in august 2013. Here we are may 2014. I've yet to have a period. I […]
- April’s Story I had my Essure procedure done in early 2010, shortly after the birth of my fourth daughter. I was told by my doctor that the procedure was easier than having my husband get a vasectomy. […]
- Leia’s Story After giving birth to my 5th child in 2013 I decided that I didn't want anymore children. My doctor told me about essure said it was a safe easy effective procedure with no downtime. I […]
- Dana’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2008. I was a divorced single mother of 2 teenagers. I was told that the procedure went well, tubes were blocked and i could not have children. In […]