I had Essure implants in 2005. I’m just turning 53 years old. I never heard there was any problem with Essure until my daughter mentioned it to me last week. Since then, I have had problems with fibroids on my ovaries. I suffered from bloating, constipation, joint pain, and severe back pain. In 2008, I had hernia surgery. In 2012, I had emergency surgery because i had an intestine obstruction, in which they removed 4ft of my small intestine. My surgeon said he had never seen anything like this before… totally unexplainable. I was in the hospital for 6 days. In Feb. 2014, I had a particial hysterectomy removing my cervex and uterus and having a bladder suspension. Since 2005, I have gained 25lbs. For the past 26 years I have worked out 5 days per week, constantly watch my weight. It never occurred to me that all of my problems could be caused from having the Essure implants.
- Dusty’s Story Hello my name is Dusty Anne. I had the Essure implant done in 2004. Since then I have had so many issues it would take too much time to name them all, and I'm sure each of you already know […]
- Michelle’s Story In 2011, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and before my doctor would perform a uterine ablation he reccomended implanting ESSURE to sterilize me. Instantly something did not feel right […]
- Linda’s Story I am a 38 year old wife and mother of four. I delivered my last baby in June of 2013 and consulted my OB about a permanent form of birth control. At the point of the consultation I had […]
- Krystal’s Story I had Essure almost 3 years ago. Since then I have had strange and sudden stabbing pain in the area of my right ovary. I have also had a constant dull pain in my right upper quadrant. This […]
- Angie’s Story In may of 2009 I had an emergency c-section. The on call surgeon didn't read my file and did not perform the requested tubal ligation. Three months later I was persuaded by my obgyn to get […]
- April’s Story In 2003 I was convinced by my doctor to get the essure. I do not think I had enough time to realize that it is permanent and things change in people's lives and you might not always feel […]