In 2011, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and before my doctor would perform a uterine ablation he reccomended implanting ESSURE to sterilize me. Instantly something did not feel right though I just brushed it off as inflammation. I always had some pain after they implanted the coils. 6 months went by the pain never went away and progressively became worse. Within a year, the pain would get so bad my husband would come home to me curled in a ball on the bed. Eventually this led to a GYN consult and I found an amazing surgeon who would try to remove my fallopian tubes to take out the ESSURE coils. He did so successfully. I felt quite a bit better for a while. However about a year later, I was having more pain and the surgeon performed exploratory surgery to figure out what was going on. I had lots of scar tissue from the coil removal surgery along with other issues (endometriosis). The scar tissue was cleaned up and an ovary removed. The decision was made to have a hysterectomy to cure the endometrosis. A year later, I feel really good. Peridocially, I still have abdominal pain but it is nothing compared to what it was.
- Chelsea’s Story I had my Essure coil implantation done on August 2nd 2011. I was a healthy 26 year old mother of 4 and thought I was doing the right thing by getting essure done to protect me from […]
- Laura’s Story I'm desperate and running out of time. I had the Essure procedure done in November of 2006. In May 2009, I found out I was pregnant. During the pregnancy I was told I had a uterine […]
- Kimberly’s Story Update on my story. Thanks Erin for posting it! I had the surgery to remove the Essure product on Wednesday. I had only had the coils in for 3 weeks, and during the surgery my doctor […]
- Renee’s Story I had ensure placed on July 5, 2013. They had some complications getting one coil in on one side so it took way longer than expected. I went home with minor pain as to be expected, but as […]
- Tracy’s Story I had the essure birth control procedure done in 2006 about a month or two after I had my daughter. I decided to have the procedure done for a couple of reasons I had a really rough […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the Essure coils implanted in May 2009. No history of any gynecological problems prior and two uneventful pregnancies. Gradually, after Essure, my periods became heavier, more […]